All currently enrolled students, and SMCM faculty and staff can register for access to the daily NY Times and its online archive (we have a separate database for the Historical NY Times from 1851-2012 with a moving wall).
- To register, go to http://www.nytimes.com/passes
- Click "Create Account."
- Enter your info, using your SMCM.edu email address
- At the next page ("Welcome"), click "Continue."
- You should then see the message "Check your e-mail to validate your account." Look in your inbox for message from the New York Times with the subject line "Confirm your e-mail address" (this should arrive within 15 minutes).
- Click on the link in the confirmation e-mail. This will simultaneously verify your eligibility and grant your Academic Pass, which will provide access to NYTimes.com for a period of 364 days.
- If you don’t get the confirmation e-mail, check your spam filter. If you still do not receive it, send an e-mail from your SMCM.edu e-mail account to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Academic Pass - no verification e-mail.”
*Does not include e-reader editions, Premium Crosswords or The New York Times Crosswords apps. NYTimes apps are not supported on all devices. Access to archived articles within the date range 1923-1986 is limited. You must have a valid e-mail address from a participating school. Other restrictions may apply.