Are you looking for an article or a book?
If you're trying to find a book you can look in the library catalog.
If you can find it through those methods, look for it in the USMAI catalog, and click on the yellow 'Request' button and follow the steps to order it.
If you need a specific book and it's not available in the USMAI catalog, then use the ILLiad system to request it. We'll get it for you from a library outside of the USMAI system.
If you are looking for an article and have the citation, you can check OneSearch for full text in many of our databases:
- Enter the article title, surrounded by quotation marks, in OneSearch box on the library homepage: www.smcm.edu/library/
- Click the "Find It" button to see if full text is available
You can also check to see if the article is in print in the library:
- Go to the SMCM catalog and select "Journals" from the top menu
- Search by the title of the journal that the article appears in (NOT the article title)
- Look for the call number under "Location" to find on the shelf in the Periodicals section on the 2nd floor
- Browse by volume and issue to locate the item with the article
If the article is not available in the library collection, use the Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) to request the article.
- In a library database or OneSearch, click the "Find It" button, then use the like for Interlibrary Loan to open in ILLiad
- Request an article not found in the library databases or catalog by logging into ILLiad and filling out the form with the relevant information