Be sure to verify that we don't have either print or online access to the article.
- Check OneSearch for full text in many of our databases:
- Enter the article title, surrounded by quotation marks, in OneSearch box on the library homepage: www.smcm.edu/library/
- click the "Find It" button to see if full text is available
- Check to see if the article is in print in the library:
- Go to the SMCM catalog and select "Journals" from the top menu
- Search by the title of the journal that the article appears in (NOT the article title)
- Look for the call number under "Location" to find on the shelf in the Periodicals section on the 2nd floor
- Browse by volume and issue to locate the item with the article
If the article is not available in the library collection, use the Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) to request the article.
- In a library database or OneSearch, click the "Find It" button, then use the like for Interlibrary Loan to open in ILLiad
- Request an article not found in the library databases or catalog by logging into ILLiad and filling out the form with the relevant information
If you have not used ILLiad before click the "First Time User" link.
The "barcode number" is the 14 digit number (beginning with 23127...) on the front of your OneCard under the barcode - it is not your ID number.
When the article is available, you'll get an email with a link to your ILLiad account and there will be a pdf of the article you requested. This usually takes about a week.