All staff, faculty, and currently-enrolled students at SMCM can register for access to the nytimes.com website.
- To register, go to https://nytimesineducation.com/access-nyt/
- In the "Find School..." box, type 'Maryland' and when 'St Mary's College of Maryland' appears click on that
- Enter the information requested, using your smcm.edu email address
- Follow the instructions given to confirm your email address and validate your account
- Accounts are valid for one year, after which you need to re-register
If you already have an account but are encountering a paywall (e.g., "You've reached your monthly limit of 10 free articles...") you need to LOG OUT of nytimes.com and then go to step 1 above and register again. (Why the bother? Registrations are only good for 365 days, after which which you need to re-register.) (It's a feature not a bug.)