All staff, faculty, and currently enrolled students at SMCM can register for access to the daily New York Times and its online archive.
- To register, go to https://myaccount.nytimes.com/verification/edupass
- Click "Create Account"
- Enter your info, using your smcm.edu email address
- Follow the instructions given to confirm your email address and validate your account
- Accounts are valid for one year, after which you need to re-register
If you already have an account but are encountering a paywall (e.g., "You've reached your monthly limit of 10 free articles...") you need to LOG OUT of nytimes.com and then go to step 1 above and register again. (Registrations are only good for 365 days, after which which you need to re-register.) (It's a feature not a bug.)
* Does not include e-reader editions, Premium Crosswords or The New York Times Crosswords apps. NYTimes apps are not supported on all devices. Access to archived articles within the date range 1923-1980 is limited. You must have a valid email address from a participating school. Other restrictions may apply.