- Is the showing for a class, club, or an informal movie night and you are NOT advertising* the showing?
- If YES, you can show any movie you check out from the SMCM Library
- Is the showing open to a wider group of people and are you advertising* the showing through InsideSMCM or any kind of all campus email, putting up flyers, or using a social media channel?
- If YES, you can only show a movie that has special Public Performance Rights (PPR)
- Not sure if a movie has PPR? When you find a film in the SMCM catalog, click on "Availability" to see if it has PPR. Also, some - but not all - of the DVD cases have a sticker indicating PPR.
- Example of PPR note in the catalog for a DVD:
*Note: Sending an email to a select group of people (like a club or class) wouldn't be considered advertising and is therefore a-ok to use a film without PPR!